Monday, February 21, 2011

Boulevard of Broken Dreams

I walk alone. I walk alone. Deserted hopes fill my deserted streets. Blank walls. Empty stone buildings. Words that taunt me. 'It might have been'.
The bold red letters sink into my mind and cast a shadow over the battered remnants of my dreams. 

I walk alone.

Uneven sidewalks are lined with broken cars. The brick walks are so cracked and brittle that if I sneezed they would crumble down.
High above are billboards that will never hold messages. Down below, a girl that will never amount. Never change the world.

I walk alone.

Flapping feathers fly over my Boulevard of Broken Dreams. They are free to break out of this prison. Laugh at the fact that I will never be able to.
I will never escape these empty streets. I will never release the regret that drags behind me like an anvil. Never will I clear the taste of rust and sorrow from my lips. Never hear footsteps softly make their way toward me.... Because I walk alone.

I walk alone.

The shame of my failure is my own.

1 comment:

  1. Its all in perspective you just gotta realzie its for a reason if you never failed you would never know success..just donn't give up

    ReplyDelete