Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Love

Love is is a kiss on the forehead every morning. A whisper. Love is the key to a safe place. Love is holding the door open for them. Leaving a card next to their bed just to let them know that they are appreciated. Love is a Saturday afternoon. Love is carrying your fallen teammate across the finish line. Love is a room with white walls, and a brand new package of sharpies. Would you stay up all night with me if I were sick? If I were in pain, would you wish it upon yourself instead? You are my friend, and I love you. When you are sad my heart aches for you to feel better. You are my husband, and I love you. I wait by the window every night until I see your car pull into the driveway. You are my mother, and I love you. I travel 4 hours every weekend to see you so you don't miss me when I am off at college. Love is so different for everyone, Yet almost the same. You are a stranger, and I love you. I give up some of my luxuries so that you can eat tonight. Love is April, May, and June. Love is Knowledge. A blank page and an inspired mind. Love is donating and organ to someone whose life depends on it. Love is opening your heart to someone who needs a friend. Love is running into a burning building for someone you don't even know. Love is giving up your dream so that they can have all of theirs come true. Love is a half remembered dream. Love is rocking your baby to sleep every night at least three times a  night. Love is never giving up.

5 comments:

  1. Very deep and inspirational! This is a really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love is April, May, and June.

    Such a great line. Love isn't spring. It isn't summer. It's these months specifically. I can see why March wasn't included in this list (too much rain, and too much uncertainty...is it gonna be nice or not?) And I can definitely see why July and August weren't included (too freaking hot).

    ReplyDelete
  3. iI love your phrase, "A blank page and an inspired mind." It's so open to creativity and differences. I also like your statement of, "You are a stranger, and I love you." It really shows compassion. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "Love is giving up your dream so that they can have all of theirs come true."
    For those you love, you would give up everything just to see them happy. oh any the 4 white walls and a new pack of sharpies? priceless! that's what love is. It's what you make it to be

    ReplyDelete